Thursday 3 January 2013

Things I Learned In The Last Week of 2012 (because resolutions are so mainstream)


  • I was an incredible student as a kid. 
  • I was subsequently bullied as a kid. 
  • I never realized/nobody told me that I was being bullied as a kid, and hence I made it through unscathed.
  • ...I think.
  • I am growing up. (I came to this conclusion based on the fact that I giggled once while watching a horror movie on New Year's, instead of freaking out like I usually do. Or maybe it was just a bad movie; in which case I am yet no better than I used to be in kindergarten, where I would draw stars on my schoolwork because I thought it was awesome and then tell my mother my teacher drew them.)
  • I am a miser who is not above scrounging through her trash to look for an earring, not because it was expensive or real, but because without it the one not lost would be useless.
  • Gajar ka halwa, while being the best winter food ever, is best utilized in small amounts.
  • My latest journal is a lot less embarrassing than my old ones. (It's also a lot less full.)
  • Bubble tea is delicious. It is also reminiscent of body scrub. (The fruit ones even taste the same.)
  • Children do awesome things that every adult especially the ones going through midlife crises at 20 should do. Like decorating a jar to fill with notes of good things that will happen to them in the next year, so that they can pull them all out and read them next New Year's Eve. (Except, you know, if an adult did it, One Direction would be in the 'bad things that happened' jar.)
  • At 15, you are willing to fall madly in love with just about anything if it pays you the slightest bit of attention. (I say anything because the occasional ignoramus tends to classify plants and trees as inanimate. RIP, my beautiful moghra. You served me well.)
  • One must always actively engage in a hopefully-ending-soon struggle to filter useful information out of the baseless crap that media so voraciously feeds us.  ie my cablewala cut off Star World and i have been forced to watch CNN and Animal Planet now

No comments:

Post a Comment