Monday 27 June 2011

Another Day.

He saw a spoon wavering in the air. Food! he thought, and dashed.

He could hear her footsteps. He recognized them, because he heard them all the time, every day. He didn't know anything about her, except that she ran after him with a spoon multiple times a day, and on some days dunked him in horrid, soapy water. He didn't like her when she did that.

But more often than that, she kissed and cuddled him. She let him play with Duck, his yellow rubber friend, who, for some reason unfathomable to him, lived in the horrid soapy water. She scolded Baba for being mean to him sometimes and not letting him do new things.

Baba was different from Mama. Baba didn't have the long, soft things Mama had on her head. Baba had small ones, and he had them on his legs. He was nice too, because he brought Car, and sometimes when he was in a good mood, he'd allow the pressable things on his Hello to be pressed.
But he could also be scary when a no-no was committed.

Mama lifted the blankie hiding him under the bed. She was holding the spoon.

It was definitely scarier than Baba, Rushil decided.




It's actually a short story, but I'll post it up here in chapter form and continue it whenever I get time. 

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so cute, especially Duck, Car and Hello. I want to be Rushil and be carefree and small and oblivious like him. Okay, maybe not small - I have enough of that already :P
    Baba had them on his legs too. HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it :)) It's supposed to be a baby's POV so that's how I tried to portray it. Do you think it's apparent that Rushil's a baby? I mean, for people who don't read much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, since I have enterd the group of people who don't read much (*wails*), I think it is apparent.

    ReplyDelete