Friday 24 June 2011

New End...

I love how everyone is standing still. Faceted into the ground, they stare at the screen. Memories flash by, of people who will not be forgotten.

We've had our differences, we've had our cliques. But right now, our breaths resonate. A thousand eyes glisten, five hundred lips smile. Every lyric touches our hearts and we suddenly realize that two years have passed by.

Time seems standing still, and we're always all too lost in ourselves to move. And without knowing it, suddenly, we've moved on.

So many people, so many faces. So many fights, so many laughs. Which ones will I forget? Which ones will I remember?

All I can recall is rosy gold lights and the sparkle on my shoe. The smiles on our faces and the glowing hue.

If time persists, we shall move on. But someday, when I'm old and lying in a bed, suddenly, the night will come back to me. As vividly as though I was there.

And I shall smile and tell my granddaughter about my senior prom. About us. Our stories. For our stories are, after all, the only thing that really belong to us. A story is the most intimate relationship a person can have with another.

Thank you for the stories. Thank you for the love. Thank you for the memories. Every time I blinked, I said a prayer of gratitude. I know I took you all for granted at some point, but know that I realize how I lucky I am that our paths crossed. I may not speak much, but I love you all as much as one can love and more. You girls are the reason for my sanity, the reason for my growth. You are my pillars of stone, the only thing in the world I can really depend on, when the world is depending on me.

Come fall, we shall all move on and this time will be no more. New experiences will arise, new connections will be made. All I ask of you, then, is that you do not forget the girl who was once a part of your life. Keep her locked away, somewhere, in your heart. Like a memory box, to be opened and cherished later. But do not toss her out. She is yours forever. A gift from a friend.

And thus shall I treasure the pieces of yourselves you have given me. For all eternity.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and will continue to do so with each breath I take. A LOT.

    ReplyDelete