Thursday 8 November 2012

Worming Through.

CranfordCranford by Elizabeth Gaskell


I'm extremely picky when it comes to books, and it was with resigned disappointment when I turned to the Classics section at the bookstore the other day and picked this up. Just the first paragraph, however, was enough to draw me in. I haven't started reading it properly yet--I'm still finishing up on The Ego Trick by Julian Baggini--but in all honesty, I can't wait to start reading! --Aug 18th '12

update: I'm going real slow with this one. Unexpectedly, it's giving me some sort of contentment, so much so that I'm almost afraid to finish it. Some parts were rather slow, but it amazes me how the writer manages to add humor even while narrating sad occasions. Wish I had that ability. It really adds to the sensitivity, bringing out the idea of life going on.
I really don't know why I'm taking out time to review this book. I mean, it's a classic. That should be enough for people to pick it up. --Nov 8th '12

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Adding humour to a conversation or a script always keeps the audience/reader engaged.
    The cover looks impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ability to read classics! I, sadly, have not mastered the patience or interest required to read classic literature. :( And yes, I know, that is a great loss for me. Sigh. Well, at least I have Stephen King! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete